Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking at updating my current Sony DVD player for my home theater room and have a question. First I am currently running my NON progressive DVD player through a ISCAN PRO line doubler and then to my NEC XG-110 PJ. Now with this I am looking at replacing my DVD player with another Sony and was wondering would I get a better pic using a progressive scan DVD player and bypass the line doubler and send it right to the PJ or should I be looking at purchasing a non-progressive DVD player and send it through the line doulber. What will give me the best pic quality?

Thanks Rick

·
Registered
27,963 Posts
A progressive DVD player with the DCDi deinterlacing chip should give you better progressive scan performance than the IScan. The IScan will remain useful for non-DVD sources such as laserdisc, VHS, or TV.

The Panasonic RP-82 is currently the player-of-choice around here. I'd stay away from Sony, because their progressive DVD players have the chroma upsampling bug . Panasonics don't have this problem.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Toshiba SD-4800 is 1 of the players I own, it's progressive scan just make sure the pj will take a progressive scan, it must be high def caplable. If your projector isn't then you can't. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd stay away from Sony, because their progressive DVD players have the chroma upsampling bug. Panasonics don't have this problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought that I read that the Sony 875P does not have the chroma bug...is this not correct?

John

·
Registered
145 Posts
So, your one of those 6,000 John Schmdts in NJ that I have to say I'm not when I get a new mortgage.

John F Schmidt

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I currently have a transcoder so a progressive DVD player will be no problem with my PJ. So is the Sony 875P any good then?

Rick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.