AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
It'll handle 480p (progressive scan from a DVD player) just fine. In fact, I would NOT recommend using 480i at all.

It'll also do 720p and 1080i HDTV formats.

All you need to hook up these sources is a VGA Breakout cable so you can plug in your RCA component output.

-Dave

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
just got my breakout cable in so in a few hours i'll know.

Dave, for my first 32 hrs i've watched nothing but interlaced and quite a few times i said to myself it would be hard for a basic progressive set-up to really improve on this picture much.

watching the new Batman dvd last night was amazing.

also i really doubt that my video-based Cirque Du Soleil discs will look any better and i'm pretty sure they'll look much worse on the 5109 unless i set it to interlaced.

the sage based players would help with that, but i'm not sure they're in my future.

so far this projector has run counter to all my experience with the Digital Sony rp w/ an anamorphic squeeze.

on that set any non-anamorphic disc looked terrible without a p-scan, but anamorphic titles encountered only minor, sometimes barely perceptible improvements.

so far on this pj, all my 4:3 movies and some of the under 1:85 ratio films look crystal clear.

the anamorphic titles usually look like they need an extra little something to push them over the edge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.