AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Quadscan Elite HD. I plan on using it to scale up Directv, Tivo, and laserdisc throught the S-video input.

I would also like to connect my DVD player to it using the component input. If I get a DVD palyer with progressive scanning, can I feed this into the Quadscan and not use its de-interlacing? Or can the Quadscan only handle an interlaced input?

Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
753 Posts
Only interlaced. The CenterStage product line has a progressive input but the QuadScan products do not.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Your progressive DVD player should have a place in it's setup menu where you can choose between progressive and interlaced signal to the component output. The QSE HD will do a great job of scaling the interlaced component signal.

Chip S.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Thanks for asking that Question Ed...

I just bought the Panasonic Rp-82, and I had the same question. I guess I will just run it in "interlaced" component out. It has a button on the front panel to select Progressive or interlaced

Is the CS-1 that much of an improvement over the Quadscan Elite HD? Or is it the fact that it can accept progressive singles?

- Scott

·
Registered
753 Posts
The QuadScan was a great product (now discontinued) but it was also based on a design and chips that are now almost 4 years old. The CS product line is based on the latest technology and with the CS-2 we are the first video processor on the market to support DVI/HDCP!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Shaun

Will a Progressive Scan DVD connected to a CS1 get its picture improved when it is set as Progressive or only when set to Interlaced?

Will the deinterlacing capabilities of the CS1 improve a Progressive signal or only an interlaced one.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Only interlaced. A progressive DVD player is already deinterlaced so it will by pass the deinterlacer in the CS-1. The only real picture improvement will come from the CS-1 scaling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.