AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the light gun that Mad Catz re-released that supports progressive scan tvs? I would like to know if it works on rear projection HDTVs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
What did they do to make it work?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure what they did exactly.

Since I'm posting I'll tell you the reason I asked the original question:

In a few weeks there's a game coming out called Silent Scope Complete, which is a light gun sniping game. Pelican is making a light gun sniper that will be compatible with Silent Scope Complete. On the ad for the Pelican gun it says HDTV supported. The reason I was asking about the Mad Catz HDTV supported gun is because I'm guessing it's based on the same technology.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Keep in mind that in the past, guns that claimed "HDTV compatibility" meant they wored with a couple of models of HDTV's, not all of them. The way the technology works, it's almost impossible to believe there will ever be a gun that works all HDTVs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True, but does anybody know if one of these models that worked was a rear projection HDTV? Or are they just talking about direct view tvs?

At least if I know they worked on some RP HDTVs, there is hope.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Mad Catz one actually says supports 'progressive scan' on the box. The Pelican sniper one is saying it supports 'HDTV'. The Mad Catz one has been out for some time, while the Pelican one is coming out soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.