AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to consolidate my threads into this one build thread. This way everything will be nice and neat and all the info is in one spot. I intend on basically build a complete HT set-up (Speakers, Stands, and Equipment Racks) The racks are still a long time down the road, but the time will definately come. Anywho, I'll catch you up to speed with what has and is going down.

Start things off with the .2:

So I have always been in love with Eclipse speakers. I have always thought they were the bees knees since I was like 12 (22 now). So when I had the oportunity to buy two SW9152s brand new, I couldnt resist. Thanks to these, I am now doing all of this.

So for the enclosure I went with NEODans Easybutton End Table MAXS. Meant for a 18", but a solid 15" will work just fine. I cant find my pictures of when I was building it, mainly just have ones of them being completed. So yea, 2 SW9152s in MAXS painted flat black. I used a roll on primer then used a spray gun to lay down the flat black. About 3 coats primer and around 6 coats paint. Some moderate sanding inbetween and always changed spray patters. Im really glad with the way they turned out, just what I was hoping for.

I built the boxes just like desinged, and used 5 pillows for stuffing (recommended). For the corners I used a 3/4" roundover bit and then a 3/8" for around the port. Im still waiting on my 2 Dayton double binding posts plates yo arrive, otherwise theyd be 100% now.

Let me know what you think!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now, you may be wondering about the title, well I have 3 4Pis in the works. Now, I am going the fully upgraded route with these, so they are going to take some time, very $$$. My plan is to build 2 (L&R obviously) but to also build the center channel box at the same time. Ill roll without the center for however long it takes me to pick a surrund speaker design that Ill like with these. I guess 2Pis come to mind. Any suggestions here?

I have a few pics of all the wood that i hacked up, along with my brace system. Like I said, I only need 2 for now. So very soon ill buy one 2226 and the horn, so I can make the cutouts and the baffels, then just glue em together. Obviously I'll stuff them properly before attatching the baffle. Like I said, these are going to take awhile to pay for....

Ill post pics and stuff as soon as I get the driver, horn, and completed box in hand. I dont like trusting internet sites for dimensions. I wait for the real item to arrive.

More info will be discused on these later, when the wheels really get movin.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For some reason uploading photos right now just doesnt wanna work. I'll get em up tomorrow after work.

One question I do have, pertaines to wiring. I would like to get myself some good speaker wire with a bannana plug on one end and a Spekon connector on the other. This way I can use the plugs on both devices, and ittle make it look alot niced. I want 4 sets of these cables, around 25 feet long if possible.

Could you guys point me in the right derection for something like that? I have no problem custom ordering these, but I figure I could make better for cheaper... Bannana (Dayton Binding Posts) to Spekon (EP4000), 25 feet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.