AVS Forum banner

241 - 260 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Hopeful this show gets renewed.
I'm also hoping History Channel picks it up for season 3; they are promo'ing next Tuesday's episode (March 24) as "the season finale," which could be a good sign. Another encouraging fact is that Project Blue Book has become something of an international hit.

And I'm hoping we see more of Hynek's ultra-classic 1953 Cadillac, the perfect "ride" for when you're chasing UFOs:

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Actually the Cadillac in this scene is from 1947.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Actually the Cadillac in this scene is from 1947.
Aha! Thanks for the correction. I got word that there's also supposed to be a red "caddy" driven by Mimi Hynek and Susie in one of the more memorable earlier episodes--that one must be the '53 they used in the series. Anyone know when they started to offer Cadillacs in color?

Kudos are due to Zemeckis and company. Their attention to detail with the cars, the aircraft, and the building exteriors in this production is amazing, and they're doing it as much with practical shooting as they are with digital vfx.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
From what I remember, Susie drives a 1951 red Coupe DeVille

Reactions: Al_the_xmtr_tech

·
Registered
9,749 Posts
I want to check out her back seat ... :p

Another good episode, but no Susie ...

Only one more, then ... another year of waiting.

I hate waiting.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I want to check out her back seat ... :p

Another good episode, but no Susie ...

Only one more, then ... another year of waiting.

I hate waiting.

Looks like we'll find out if she wants to make a deal with Air Force Intelligence and the C.I.A.

If that happens, Susie will probably "phone home" to Moscow on her ham radio rig...

·
Registered
866 Posts
Turns out that there was a real-life "Operation Mainbrace" held by NATO in the North Atlantic, and some very weird stuff was documented as taking place there. 1952 was one hell of a strange year when it comes to "aerial phenomena:"

https://youtu.be/tBXOBAiglIc?list=PL85AF88131DA1630C

Sure hope History Channel brings the show back, and sooner rather than later!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Well this blows... :-(
It was to be expected. The second season was just filler, with nothing else. Boring. And the whole debunking aspect was off putting for people who are predisposed to these kinds of narratives. They want to believe. They want agent Mulder, not Michael Shermer.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
It was to be expected. The second season was just filler, with nothing else. Boring. And the whole debunking aspect was off putting for people who are predisposed to these kinds of narratives. They want to believe. They want agent Mulder, not Michael Shermer.

Disagree. Loved the 2nd season too.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Disagree. Loved the 2nd season too.
I think people's opinion via the ratings tells you what they though of the show. Robert Zemeckis or whoever was in charge should have known their audience. Didn't RZ direct Contact? That movie had an interesting conflict between religion and science, it didn't belittle the latter as this show does with ufo fans.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
I think people's opinion via the ratings tells you what they though of the show. Robert Zemeckis or whoever was in charge should have known their audience. Didn't RZ direct Contact? That movie had an interesting conflict between religion and science, it didn't belittle the latter as this show does with ufo fans.

You didn’t like it, cool. I definitely did.

241 - 260 of 273 Posts