AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody built a projector ceiling mount? Or have information on how build one?

I'm looking to build a mount for my Sanyo PLV-Z1.

-shehryar

·
Registered
30 Posts
I built a ceiling mount for my Sanyo XW15. Basically its two pieces of wood that are connected via hinges. The top plate is connected to the ceiling and the bottom plate is connected to the projector (with hole drilled out that match up to holes on the projector). Bolts are attached through the top plate facing down, these go through two long grooves in the bottom plate to bolts and wingnuts. This allows you to get some up and down aiming. I then connected it to the ceiling joist using a single HEAVY duty screw (had to predrill). This allowed me to do left/right aiming. After everything was lined up just right, I put in more screws. The tricky part was finding the right metric machine bolts that fit the Sanyo. I don't remember the size, but I found them in the metric bin at Home Depot.

I have found this to work very well in my situation where I wanted to projector as close to the ceiling as possible.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Much fancier than mine! What did you use for the joint? I couldn't find anything like that when I looked, which was why I settled on the hinge solution.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
A lot of people use a universal speaker mount. Home Depot and Radio Shack carry them. Just make sure you don't cover any important holes (such as to remove air filter) or air intakes.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am looking into this...

3/16 X 24" Threaded stock, toggle bolts to fasten to ceiling. A scrap piece of mdf, center cut out to expose projector top panel, 3-4 rubber feet. Whole project will cost about $10. All available from HD.

Assemble and place projector upside down on mdf.

Variation two. attach projector to mdf, attach mdf to ceiling using threaded stock. secure and level everything with a couple nuts / washers. Cost will be a few dollars more to pick up additional hardware. Should provide a more secure attachment.

jd...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.