AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Project Showcase: ISI Automation Million Dollar Showroom

ISI Automation, through the backup of McIntosh, Meridian, Screen Research, Control4, Kaleidescape, Vudu, and Digital Projection International, has finished the first Million Dollar Entertainment Man's Cave.

This spectacular showroom includes:

* The McIntosh 2010 Reference ultimate audio and video system producing 11,000 watts of Movie power with 23 subwoofers titanium twitters and mids.

* The first 810 Meridian 4K Reference Projector and caller on the market in a showroom.

* The biggest screen in USA in its configuration (184.7 diagonal, curved, electric masking) ever built by Screen Research.

* A unique acoustical and eco-friendly natural wood sound treatment ideal for the room.

* Solar Cells support all the home theatre Low Voltage Led Light illumination.

* Full home automation control with Control4.

* Kaleidescape media server with a total of 21 Terabytes in 14 hard disks.

* Integrated with everything: Light Control, Cctv Ip Cameras, Security, Media Servers, Internet Accessibility and Control, Multi room audio and video.

* Vudu internet media access.

* 400 Multichanger DVD Bluray player.

* Game Console.

* HD Satellite receiver.

* Bluray Universal player.

* Night thermo Infrared system security cameras with zoom 2 mile range IP controlled and remote access military specification.

* Pan tilt and zoom cameras with microphone, internet server built in for remote access without computer.

Read the complete article at HomeToys.com

If you want us to showcase your Installation let me know by email [email protected]

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
I'm glad they have the "Solar Cells support all the home theatre Low Voltage Led Light illumination. "

That will sure make an impact *sarcasm* on the 11,000 watt system.

Mike

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Do they even use 23 subwoofers at an actual full sized commercial theater? This setup seems like a bit of overkill, but then again, I wouldn't expect anything less when someone wants to blow a million dollars.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Something doesn't feel right when I read 'Million dollar' and 'Control4' in the same article.

Great room none the less

·
Registered
224 Posts
Is it just me or is anyone else unimpressed? A million dollars for a theater that seats 5 people? A room that small doesn't need anywhere near that much speaker or wattage. Although I guess I will probably never have a million dollars laying around that I don't know what to do with.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm the one who "went black and can never turn back". I mean color of the walls and ceiling

I doubt that that shiny "unique acoustical and eco-friendly natural wood sound treatment ideal for the room." will provide reasonable sound absorption.

Is it just my impression that almost every single super-duper home theaters shown here are optimized for everithing but the top video and audio performance?

·
Registered
451 Posts
yawn.

I'm sure I could put together something much better for 1/10 the price.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMark /forum/post/19577869

yawn.

I wish I could do that.

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
I sure hope you can turn the backlights on all the McIntosh equipment off. That would be insanely distracting.

·
Registered
129 Posts
All that audio/video gear and no antenna. I guess if he can afford to blow a million on it, I guess he doesn't mind paying extra to get local channels over cable or sat in substandard quality (with no subchannels)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy91
Do they even use 23 subwoofers at an actual full sized commercial theater? This setup seems like a bit of overkill, but then again, I wouldn't expect anything less when someone wants to blow a million dollars.
Well I use twenty four 15's and I'm about to add a "sub-subwoofer" that will be a lot bigger than that so I can't say anything.

I'm curious about the line array. Looks like the mid/tweeter section is curved... CBT? Are they using any shading? That is, are they attenuating the drivers incrementally toward the ends of the array?

Edit: Looking on the McIntosh site I see it appears to be a straight line array. That can work, my mains are straight but with Hann Shading. A future rev will be a curved CBT however.

mk

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMark
yawn.

Yes, that is the benefit of DIY! I have about 1/20 that price in mine including the eleven Berkline recliners, projector etc. and I wouldn't trade with him even.

mk

·
Registered
499 Posts
"titanium twitters and mids". wow, those speakers even have the ability to update social networking sites? i guess for that much money, they should

·
Registered
499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spivonious /forum/post/19580651

So, six 10" woofers, 64 2" drivers, and 40 3/4" tweeters in each of the front speakers? How can that possibly sound good?

obviously you're not familiar with line arrays. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_array

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.