AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Refering to the first offerings, only title worthy of my money was the Fifth Element...but like Robert, I'll be buying all three in December!

In another thread someone had also mentioned some other tiltes, as a third release date...perhaps just rumours.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
if the SB are a success, Columbia will go with other titles such as STARSHIP TROOPERS, THE 6TH DAY, GODZILLA (already scheduled for region 2 SBits), 8MM, LEGENDS OF THE FALL and a few others I guess.

As for I JONES, if Lucas has the last word, no dts. If Spielberg has the last word, dts. :D

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Who the heck makes the decisions on what movies will get the Superbit treatment? I mean, c'mon! Gattaca? Johnny Mnemonic? Columbia has hundreds of much better movies than these!

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vruiz
Who the heck makes the decisions on what movies will get the Superbit treatment? I mean, c'mon! Gattaca? Johnny Mnemonic? Columbia has hundreds of much better movies than these!
Gattact is a lot deferent than what the trailer and Sony promoted. It is a fantastic story about the ultimate form of discrimination, the human spirit, deception, and intrigue. The look is highly stylized with lots of pastel colors and filtering. This type of picture will be greatly enhanced by the Superbit process. ;)

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Gattaca is a thinking movie, so for the "bullets & blood bunch" it may not cut it...great movie.

I"m not so sure Starship Troopers, 6th day & Godzilla are slated for SB, the item over at the Digitalbits kinda left it open, I couldn't figure out if they were talking SB or SE.

·
Registered
Sony A90J panel; Marantz SR7015 AVR; Paradigm Signature speakers; Oppo 203 and Panasonic 820 UHD BR.
4,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to everyone for the responses. One DVD mentioned slated for December is "The Patriot". Wasn't the original considered pretty good for both audio and video (maybe not reference quality, but close)? SB may push this one into a dandy!

·
Registered
68 Posts
My sources at Columbia tell me we can expect superbits editions of BABY GENIUSES, SPICE WORLD, I STILL KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER, DOUBLE TEAM, and BOOTY CALL, sometime in April.

But on a serious note- Please God! Let their be a superbits edition of WILD THINGS :eek:

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Columbia movies that should get the Superbit treatment:

Absolute Power

The American President

City Slickers

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

A Few Good Men

In the Line of Fire

A League of Their Own

Men in Black

The Shawshank Redemption

The Bone Collector

The Devil's Own

Geronimo: An American Legend

When Harry Met Sally

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vruiz
Columbia movies that should get the Superbit treatment:

Absolute Power

The American President

City Slickers

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

A Few Good Men

In the Line of Fire

A League of Their Own

Men in Black

The Shawshank Redemption

The Bone Collector

The Devil's Own

Geronimo: An American Legend

When Harry Met Sally
Not to be to nit picky but Absolute Power and The Shawshank Redemption are Warner. The Bone Collector is Universal and When Harry Met Sally is MGM.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
The wish list is long, some I'd buy, and might really benefit would be:

Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Bridge on the River Kwai

Flatliners

the Messenger

Leon, the Professional

First Knight

A Passage to India

Taxi Driver

Heavy Metal (both)

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Ghostbusters (mentioned)

Gandhi

Das Boot (mentioned)

Legends of the Fall

Starship Troopers...not sure how much better this picture could get!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.