Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I wonder if the projection distance for the ae300 is the same as ae100?

Anyone

·
Registered
104 Posts
Exactly what happens when you go over the min/max distance from the screen? Will the projector be unable to focus?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the projector goes out of focus. But you can change the lens with a long throw lens.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Kaizas

You calculate min and max throw distances for a given screen size. Say you want an 80in wide screen. You use the equations to give you the min and max throw distance for your projector. This means that the projector can be placed anywhere between those 2 distances to give you your 80in screen. At the min distance from the screen (ie with the projector at its closest to the screen) you would have the PJ on max zoom. At the max distance you would have the PJ zoom at its minimum. So to answer your question, if you mount the projector outside of the min and max distance the image will be bigger or smaller than your screen which zooming in or out with the zoom ring will not be able to correct for. It will still be in focus though.

In answer to Exsodius. Yes the throw distances are the same for both AE100 and AE300. If the PJ cannot be positioned where you want it AND give you the screen size you want then you can get a long throw lens BUT they cost a fortune!!:eek: $500?? AFAIK

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Calibos

Thanks for the answer. It is nice to know that ae100 and ae300 has the same throw distance. Because if i upgrage my ae100 i can use the same mount, and i dont have to make new holes in the roof.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Calibos how big is your screen in inches?

·
Registered
334 Posts
exsodius - from what I've read and been told the best distance to set the projector too is the mid point between the min & max for the selected screen size.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ozdvduser

Thanks i have just done that! Nice to do something right :)

calibos

I have the same screen size as you, i'm pretty happy with it :)

Panasonic RULES!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anyone know if the screw holes are the same in ae100 and ae300? Use the same mount?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.