AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie here and have been looking around for awhile now but i have a general question. I have compared Plasma's, projection and LCD T.V. sets side by side and have some concerns - I am looking to buy a set but do not know which way to go - With projection you get a bigger screen for the price but the picture quality suffers - With Plasma it looks like a better quality picture but you have to worry about degradation. And LCD is way out of my price range. Also Front Projection technology, I have a living room just like everyone else here in America that has windows and some but not alot ambient light and was just wondering in a normal room can a front projector be used? I would appreciate your comments, advice, etc. I can be reached at [email protected] and if I am in the wrong posting place please forgive me and move this post accordingly. thank you for your time.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
You'll find lots of comparisons between technologies from people who are more qualified than I am.

I noticed you didn't mention DLP (I have one). You said that LCD is out of your price range, but it costs a little less than DLP and much less than a comparable plasma (especially the top plasma brands). I would definitely consider DLP, LCD and LCOS if you are going to consider plasmas.

Rich N.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought all projection units (DLP, LCD, etc) were cheaper than plasma's? Is that not the case? Is projection still the way to go? Or should i go with a Plasma or LCD screen?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Generally speaking the price heirarchy goes like this:

Plasma HDTVs

DLP and Plasma EDTVs

Rear Pro LCD

Rear Pro CRT

It depends on how much money you want to spend and what your preferences are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.