AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am flat out NOT interested in the ultra expensive screens. I am considering a home made job out of sheetrock painted flat white . . worked OK on my last set up.

However, would the Day Lite screen being adverstised in the following

ebay link be a better solution?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=30089

I would cut the screen and use an adhesive to mount it to masonite and then frame it.

Other alternatives that cost LESS than $300 for a 96" width?

·
Registered
840 Posts
I have this screen...but I just use it as a pull-down. I am not sure you would want to glue it to anything....rather cut it and stretch it over a frame and staple it. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
that screen reminds me of all those movies they showed us in grade-school, you know the ones about washing your hands after using the bathroom,etc. and a noisy projector clicking away in the background.

For 300 bones I would buy a piece of 1/2 MDF, take it to a woodshop and have it framed in a cheap 1 inch thick solid wood, like Poplar or Pine (about $150.) then have it proffesionally painted with a spray-gun (about $100.) This was going to be my plan but the woodshop was way behind so I wound-up doinf it myself, cost about $100., lots of work, pretty nice results. If you have already built your own screen once before, just think how nice the second one would turn out.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Do a search in the SCREENS forum for Parkland Plastics. They make a material that is hands down the biggest bang-for-the-buck screen. A 5 X 8 sheet with shipping to you will probably be no more than $50 USD.

- Chris

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
My screen is Parkland Plastics Polywall. It is 92x60. Don't ask about the odd ball size. Parkland sells 120x60 inch sheets for $50.00 delivered UPS. Comes rolled up in a box. Makes a pretty nice screen. You can get 96x48 inch sheets at Home Depot for less than $14.00.

Walt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.