AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the 6800 with all the raving about how you can put it just about anywhere in the room with the lens shift, however I am finding that is not the case.

I got the picture fairly clean, however I still need to move it forward a bit (its about 2 inches too big for the screen) and shifted to fix the following shape

\\ /

\\_______________ /

Its not as significant as the drawn image, but basically the top is wider than the bottom.

What way do I need to shift it to fix this? Do I need to point it up or down more? TIA

·
Registered
434 Posts
Keystone correction might fix the problem you describe, but it sounds like there may be some underlying geometry to correct first. It sounds like the projector is mounted lower than the the bottom of your screen and that you have tilted it up. In that case you should either raise the projector and tilt it down; or tilt it down and lens shift upwards.

[Btw, 6800UB--is that the model number? Assuming that you have the Epson 8500UB, I would go through the user's manual page by page and verify your setup. Epson has very good step-by step instructions--not to mention charts of data--on projector placement and adjustment.]

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow.... clearly i have a headache...

epson 1080UB

I have it ceiling mounted. i played with it some more and its worse than before. I think I am going to try to move the whole mount over.

i havent been able to find keystone correction on this model

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb50 /forum/post/19633349

wow.... clearly i have a headache...

epson 1080UB

I have it ceiling mounted. i played with it some more and its worse than before. I think I am going to try to move the whole mount over.

i havent been able to find keystone correction on this model

You need to get somebody that knows what they are doing before trashing the projector.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
First thing you need to do is get the projector physically tilted and pivoted to get a perfectly rectangular image to hit the screen will. Don't worry about aligning with the screen yet. Once the image is a perfect rectangle, use zoom, v-shift and h-shift to make the image hit your screen right. If you can't move the image far enough, you'll have to move the projector. Don't use keystone adjustments - the scaler will trash your picture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts