AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if anyone is using this mount, could you tell me the bolt hole spacing on the ceilling portion? i don't have my mount yet, but need to put blocking up in the ceiling for support before the sheetrocker can start.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Craig, I can't help you on that particular mount but can make a suggestion. Just have them block the entire area under the pj plus a few inches either direction. The blocking is cheap and it gives you a later ability to move things around and/or change mounts without having to modify the ceiling. Try to retain a measurement template that reminds you later of where the blocking and joists are exactly.

--Bill

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bill,

duh, why the hell didn't i think of that??? way easier than what i was thinking. thanks.

bentson,

blocking is the 2x4 or plywood backing that you put up under the sheetrock so you have something to screw/nail/bolt to.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Got it.

I was thinking about putting the mounting screws/bolts into the joists before the rocking & just punching holes in the rock when hanging it. Perfect shot at the joists & minimal damage to the ceiling.

Has anyone tried this? If so, was it a cluster or did it work fairly well?

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.