AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm helping my aunt and uncle look for a brand new HDTV. The room that this tv will be in has slide doors so it does get pretty bright in the room but they do have blinds that cover it so I don't think glaring will be a problem. My unlce wants a tv ranging from 40-50 inches. The distance between their tv and sitting area is about 14 feet. They mosly watch tv shows, sports, and movies. The TV doesn't have to be a 1080p native because they don't own any HD-DVD or Blu-Ray players. There budget will probably range from 3-4k, but cheaper the better.

Here are the projection TVs I've seen at stores and I liked:

Samsung 46" DLP HDTV

Sony Grand WEGA 50" 1080p Rear-Projection SXRD HDTV

·
Registered
558 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by readthiisnow /forum/post/0

Hello! I'm helping my aunt and uncle look for a brand new HDTV. The room that this tv will be in has slide doors so it does get pretty bright in the room but they do have blinds that cover it so I don't think glaring will be a problem. My unlce wants a tv ranging from 40-50 inches. The distance between their tv and sitting area is about 14 feet. They mosly watch tv shows, sports, and movies. The TV doesn't have to be a 1080p native because they don't own any HD-DVD or Blu-Ray players. There budget will probably range from 3-4k, but cheaper the better.

Here are the projection TVs I've seen at stores and I liked:

Samsung 46" DLP HDTV

Sony Grand WEGA 50" 1080p Rear-Projection SXRD HDTV

You're gonna need a bigger TV from 14 feet away IMO. I'd recommend the HL-S6187W at a minimum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.