AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

First time poster, long time reader. I'm a bit new to the home theater game and am trying to figure out if my desired setup will work. I'm trying to get a BenQ HT1085ST to work with a VIZIO S4251w-B4 5.1 Soundbar. I would post links to Amazon but my post count needs to be 5 or greater.

I'm unsure if these two are compatible from a distance. Ideally, I'm going to place the soundbar near the very bottom of the wall where the image is being projected. That is also near a wall outlet, so I can plug in the power supply there easily. My main question is can I avoid a wire or wires between the soundbar and projector? They both have Bluetooth, so that seems possible but I'm a rookie with this and am unsure.

I understand the projector will (probably?) need to be connected with wires to the rear satellite speakers included with this soundbar.

Much appreciated in advance!
Carlos

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Hello,

First time poster, long time reader. I'm a bit new to the home theater game and am trying to figure out if my desired setup will work. I'm trying to get a BenQ HT1085ST to work with a VIZIO S4251w-B4 5.1 Soundbar. I would post links to Amazon but my post count needs to be 5 or greater.

I'm unsure if these two are compatible from a distance. Ideally, I'm going to place the soundbar near the very bottom of the wall where the image is being projected. That is also near a wall outlet, so I can plug in the power supply there easily. My main question is can I avoid a wire or wires between the soundbar and projector? They both have Bluetooth, so that seems possible but I'm a rookie with this and am unsure.

I understand the projector will (probably?) need to be connected with wires to the rear satellite speakers included with this soundbar.

Much appreciated in advance!
Carlos
Sound and video are completely separate with the W1085st. There is no sound output from the projector to speakers. There is a tiny single speaker on the projector that is for using it on the road, but no outputs to drive external speakers.

That soundbar doesn't have HDMI inputs. So you need to have an HDMI cable going from your source (bluray/cableTV/etc) direct to the projector, and a separate SPDIF cable running from the sources to the soundbar. The soundbar will then send the subwoofer and surround channels wirelessly to the subwoofer, and wires will carry the surround channels to the satellite speakers. The wireless kit for the W1085st is OPTIONAL, purchased separately, and would replace only the HDMI cable between sources and projector, not the SPDIF connection from the sources to the soundbar.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just built this setup myself using the Vizio 5.1 surround sound bar with wireless rear sub and rear speakers (rear speakers are wired to wireless sub).

I bought this... IOGW3DHDKIT to send the signal wirelessly from my DirecTV and BluRay player to the BenQ projector. This required me to only run power to the projector. I have to say, it's a pretty slick setup. I didn't need to run hardly anything to get this thing up and running. It looks really clean.

To do this, I ran the Bluray and DirecTVinto to the inputs of the GW3DHDKIT. From there I went from the output of the SENDING UNIT into the Vizio sound bar (HDMI In). The wireless RECEIVING UNIT gets plugged into the BenQ. This gives me surround sound via the Vizio, and wireless video at the projector.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is this setup still working well for you. I'm looking for an economical set up for a bedroom projector and the wireless IOGEAR to soundbar seems reasonable. This looks like the best setup without adding a receiver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts