AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting my theater this weekend, and wanted some advice on length about how long I should limit my projector cables too. At this time I'm going to be using a Sanyo PLV-70, unless the Sony 12HT comes down to about $3800. Anyone have any advice here? I don't want there to be a lip sync problem between the video and audio.

Thanks in advance,

mikebaby

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
mike,

Video signals propagate at nearly the speed of light. Any lip sync issues you encounter will have nothing to do with the cable length.

-Mr. Wigggles

·
Registered
9,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWigggles
mike,

Video signals propagate at nearly the speed of light. Any lip sync issues you encounter will have nothing to do with the cable length.

-Mr. Wigggles
But I'm sure there is a company out there that will sell you vidoe cable optimized for lip sync for $5000:p

·
Registered
305 Posts
Any lip sync problem you're going to face would be due to video processing delays.

Most better processors and receivers have an audio-delay feature to allow you to sync your sound with your picture.

If you face audio processing delays, you'd probably need a video processor that can buffer frames to match the slower emerging audio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.