AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently working on my HT and need to decide the projector before getting much further. The room is not optimum for a HT as it is a multipurpose room in the basement that is wider than it is deep and I can only get a throw distance of around 10.5 - 11 feet. I also have a fairly low ceiling at 7.5 feet. I will, however be able to paint the projector area ceiling black and have nothing but dimable recessed and sconce lights with no windows. I wish to be able to watch with some light on, without totally washing out the picture. I am seriously looking at the Mitsubishi 5000BL as 1080p is a must for me and I want the most razor sharp HD image for my PS3 Blue Ray player. When I use the projection calculator on projectorcentral.com it shows that the Mitsubishi will be at 15 foot lamberts with a 1.3 gain screen at a thow distance of 10.5". My question is what screen brightness should I be targeting with my above criteria from a design perspective? Anybody else who has the 5000 care to comment on how light sensitive it is when dialed in?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.