AVS Forum banner

281 - 286 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
in the original post, for the 820 it says "I use a Panasonic UB820 with the HDR optimizer switched on using the HDR TV Type "Basic Luminance LCD & Projector"

I have no such setting on my 820. Am I looking in the wrong spot? Help!

You can see that menu option here is this video at 1:28, the setting is called " HDR TV Type"

Watch from the start to see how to access that setting.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I tried Adam's HDR settings with Disney+ and the whites are blown out and sometimes even pink. Is that happening to you guys?

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
I tried Adam's HDR settings with Disney+ and the whites are blown out and sometimes even pink. Is that happening to you guys?
Two possible issues there: streaming content and his particular projector isn't exactly identical to yours. Lots of variables, which is why using someone else's settings really is a crapshoot.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
The pink is strange, but I use D+ with no issues. Are you certain you're getting an HDR feed? That is where I run into issues with any stream because I turn on HDR settings (or SDR) and the signal does not match.

Reactions: Grayson73

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The pink is strange, but I use D+ with no issues. Are you certain you're getting an HDR feed? That is where I run into issues with any stream because I turn on HDR settings (or SDR) and the signal does not match.
Yeah, I checked the signal, and it was very dark with the SDR settings. I'm loving Adam's settings for SDR.

281 - 286 of 286 Posts