AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My wife and I have been finishing our basement and we are almost done. I will be getting an Epson 5030ub projector and I need to mound it on the under side of a soffit, so I need it mounted as close tot he ceiling as possible. I have the power ran up in the ceiling and the outlet is installed already next to where the projector will be mounted. I also have an HDMI cable up in the ceiling close to that outlet, but my dumbass left it up in the the ceiling instead of installing an HDMI plate like I did with the electrical outlet. So now I have to find a way to get the HDMI cable through.

Anyway, my main question is how does the mount attach to the ceiling? It is drywall and the studs run towards the screen. I have watched several videos on youtube, but they never show you the part where the mount attaches to the ceiling. They only show attaching the mount to the projector and then attaching the projector with the mount to the piece that is already in the ceiling. I need to know how to get that piece in the ceiling.

Also, any suggestions for a mount that will allow me to get it close to the ceiling since I don't want it hanging down too low since it is will be on a soffit?

Thanks,

Doug D.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
The best way us to find the studs in the ceiling. Then if they are not where the projector needs to be then make a thin plate to span those studs. Then mount the projector to that. Then you can finish off that plate with moulding and paint to be pleasing.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any suggestions for a mount that will allow me to get the projector as close to the ceiling as possible?

Thanks,

Doug D.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts