753 Posts
per Benq 5x

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
per projector central noisy fan

per secrets quiet fan

To me, the fan is not noisy or obnoxious. It is certainly audible though. It is prestly located on a table severl feet in front of the seating position. I hear it during quieter passges and sometimes need to turn the volume up. However, after many years of loud music and loud motors, my ears are not that good at separating sounds from different sources. I am already accustomed to turning the volume up during quieter passages so that I can hear dialogue over other noises in my house.

The fan speed cycling has not been an issue. It does cycle but not that much. Maybe once every couple of minutes.

My wife thinks the fan noise is not a problem at all. She is the one who is normally picky about such things. Regardless, I will build a hush box ceiling mount so that the fan noise is absoultely a non issue and to vent away the heat.

Bernie

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I may change my moniker to "Cycle-fan obsessed."

Realize I'm just nit picking but there really shouldn't be this nit to pick with a product specially designed for HT. Here BenQ goes to the trouble of designing a special "anti-vibration" quiet color wheel so it doesn't whine only to have this cycling fan undo some of that hard work.

The "Secrets" review says the fan is initially quiet then cycles and notes "It could be a distraction...."

Bernie, I don't think you, me or anyone should have to build a hush box for this pj. Let BenQ engineering fix this so they can sell even more pjs they otherwise might not.

Dan

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dan,

I agree that the projector should be quieter. It is supposed to be 30 db quiet. Unfortunatley, it is not. If BenQ fixes this issue, wonderful. It will go a long way towards their acceptance as a real Home Theater projector company. But, I am not going to hold my breath waiting for them to fix it.

Bernie

·
Registered
546 Posts
Per seeing it in action a noisy fan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.