AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on this review, the Z1 still seems like a better PJ to me. What am I missing?

·
Registered
35 Posts
jimnc,

I'm a very satisfied Home 10 owner, so perhaps I'm being a tad defensive. But on what basis do you make your statement? I'm sure the z1 is a fine product, (although I've read my share of negative comments on this forum--especially about sde). Please don't take this as a personal attack, I just don't know how you can draw that conclusion from the Proj Central review which confirmed what I've said in my few posts on this board, and in which PC gave the Home 10 their "Highly Recommended" rating.

·
Registered
828 Posts
on my review of the home 10 i can tell you it is a hell of a lcd pj and no vb and the screen door was very good to so check it out for your self and i think you will be impressed

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
If SDE is very good compared to similar resolution LCDs, I would like to know what's the technology behind it. Did you get a chance to compare against other LCDs?

Does anyone know whether this is using the same panel as the Panny 200U?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Quote:
If SDE is very good compared to similar resolution LCDs, I would like to know what's the technology behind it. Did you get a chance to compare against other LCDs?

i did see the panny 300 and all that i can tell you i liked the epson pic better , but it is not to say the panny pic was bad i think it is just preference that is all

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
for the same price you get more resolution and dvi and smoothscreen on the panny 300. If this were $900 it would be a good deal.

You will probably get an 4805 for this price as well.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
vidsmart check your pm

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vidsmart,

I didn't intend to stir you up. But, actually, I like it when people defend their PJs. It's a good way to hear real points of difference.

I'm not really drawing a conclusion, which is why I ask the question(picture me scratching my head with a dumb look on my face). From what I've read at AVS, the Home 10, Z1, L300 are all excellent LCD PJs in this price range. I enjoy reading the reviews on PC, but I really like to read the reactions to the review from owners like you. Especially since I haven't found a place to see the Home 10.

Regards,

Jim

·
Registered
35 Posts
Jim,

Thanks for your response. I knew the Pro Cent review was pending so that's the first place I looked when I logged on. Elated by their review I then came to this forum and your note kind of popped my bubble and I overreacted. I'm glad it didn't turn into a flame war. Take care...

·
Registered
828 Posts
Quote:
I thought I remember reading that the Home 10 has MLA. That may be the difference in regards to SDE.

that is correct it does have mla :)

·
Registered
931 Posts
My thoughts after reviewing 3 projectors in this range were 1) Mitsubishi HC3 2) Panasonic L300 3) Epson Home 10

Did not review the Z1.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Two small factoids I managed to glean from a Google translation of the Cine4Home.de Epson Home 10 MEGA review are: A cyan filter diminishes the red push and the lack of individual color controls is its biggest deficit which makes the Sanyo Z1 all the more interesting. I did a Google translation and without pictures the review is eleven pages long! I think they liked it a little but I'm still not sure ;o).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.