AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe someone already posted this flash, but Projector Central has confirmed--as reliably as anyone can confirm such things--that the Panasonic AE100 will be shipping to U.S. dealers within the next week and should be on shelves in June.

It will be interesting to see how close to ********** the U.S. street price will be. I for one would pay around $2K to have the peace of mind that comes with a proper domestic warranty. If dealers stick close to list--$3K--I will pass, especially since another grand puts me into another whole ball park of projector performance (Sanyo XP21, Optoma H55, Infocus 110, etc.).

But if the AE100 is like the Sony 400Q, only sharper and more contrasty--if it has the same power simply to PLEASE and PLEASE the eyes--I will be glad to pay $500 above the overseas price.

Mike

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Hehe, I talked to a dealer today that had them, but they wouldn't budge from $1899. They only had a few so I won't mention them just yet..

·
Registered
226 Posts
Fry's Electronics (Dallas) has them. Don't know if they are in any other cities though.

---neog

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
fellas, ritzav has had them for about a month now! $1899....

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
The first ones in the Us are going to mark it up some. I'm waiting for one to offer it in teh 1600 range before I buy a US model over the PJ one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.