AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
From the 1080UB review:

Quote:
We found it much easier to get to an ideal color calibration on the RS1, starting from that unit's factory defaults.

That's a good trick! Sharing it would save a lot of people a lot of money on external video processors.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Yeah...soon. I am WAY behind in reviews as I have been working 7 days a week between my normal office position and weekends doing out of town installations. Plus I have a 7.5 month pregnant wife at home who requires whatever I have left.

·
Registered
85 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Turk /forum/post/12858380

Wow that is impressive. Here are my results for the before/after on the RS1 and Epson:

RS1:

ProCinema1080:

Can you pls explain for the newbies?

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Ah, surely. This is the HD709 color standard chart. The circles represent the primary/secondary color spaces as per HD spec. The triangles are the actual measured values. The farther outside the bigger triangle the measured values are, the more oversaturated. The farther inside, the more under-saturated. As you can see, after calibration I was able to get the Epson pretty much dead on. I could have also done this under the NTSC standard colors, or any other for that matter because the Epson has really good CMS built in, allowing it to be dialed into one's liking.

The RS1 unfortunately lacks this adjustment ability.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Thanks for the explanation Jason.... when I first saw the pictures I thought they were both Out-of-box readings.... which would have been pretty darn impressive....

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Oh no kidding...never seen that (although I have seen close with a select few projectors). Here are the before calibration results for the Epson:

·
Registered
12,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMAN /forum/post/12859088

Which mode was the UB in to get near-perfect balance Jason? I've got mine in theater black 1, and find it to be very pleasing.

Well I tweak everything under Custom 1 memory...you can do it in ISF and lock it, but people like to fine tune my settings to their only preference.

That being said, you cannot get the colors like above in a blanket setting...you have to adjust 3 aspects of each color under the advance settings tab.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts