AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ceiling mounted BenQ PB6200.....These things collect 'a lot' of dust...the last time I changed the lamp, it was not as bright as it was when I first bought the unit, so I cleaned the side of the color wheel that is accessible from the lamp compartment using swabs and head cleaner..This helped a lot...however, there are still some of those ghost spots (due to not being able to clean the other side of the color wheel) and it is still not as bright as original..Now I'm getting close to needing to replace the lamp again, and I woould like to get info on how to 'thoroughly' clean this unit....both sides of everythinng that light passes through...I have been unable to find any info on line about this, and repeated inquiries to BenQ have been met with utter silence....

Anyone know where I can get instructions on how to properly clean this thing through and through?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I'm curious for an answer here too.

I just had a cooling fan go bad in my Plus he3100. Upon investigation, I was the reason for the failure. There was so much dust in the fan that it just couldn't spin anymore. Follow your maintenance schedule for cleaning. Mine was every 100 hours and I just stopped doing it after the first 3 times. My bad.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony123
I'm curious for an answer here too.

I just had a cooling fan go bad in my Plus he3100. Upon investigation, I was the reason for the failure. There was so much dust in the fan that it just couldn't spin anymore. Follow your maintenance schedule for cleaning. Mine was every 100 hours and I just stopped doing it after the first 3 times. My bad.
What maintenance schedule? There's nothing in the manual, nothing on the web, and BenQ doesn't reply to my e-mails...

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
sorry...didn't check back. my plus manual clearly states to clean out dust every 100 hours.

maybe yours doesn't?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.