AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not seen the Pansonic AE 1000 and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. How would the Panny compare to my Sharpvision 10K. Would it be better and if so, how much better? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
These are at opposite ends of the spectrum price wise.

But I've made the same comparison too.

The Sharp has excellent clarity but is noisier and the bulb is over $500.

If the Sharp were way less than 2.5 times the price of the Panasonic I'd probably buy it.

Given the current situation I'm prepared to suffer (according to Bob
) by purchasing the JVC.

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/hdt...rojectors.html

·
Registered
3,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHuffman /forum/post/0

Have you considered the SharpVision 12K MK II? It's now available for a ridiculously low price.

I went through that exercise and decided against it as the new Panasonic is is not very much more (after the $1000 rebate). Most reviewers preferred the Panny in direct comparison to the Sony or the Mits 5000. The Panasonic is also quiet in operation.

·
Registered
942 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reincarnate /forum/post/0

I went through that exercise and decided against it as the new Panasonic is is not very much more (after the $1000 rebate). Most reviewers preferred the Panny in direct comparison to the Sony or the Mits 5000. The Panasonic is also quiet in operation.

WHICH reviewers? I have to say I've never seen a review where it was rated equal to them, much less above them. Seriously, you may want to recheck things.

John

·
Registered
3,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark /forum/post/0

WHICH reviewers? I have to say I've never seen a review where it was rated equal to them, much less above them. Seriously, you may want to recheck things.

John

Well this month's Sound and Vision face off. The Home Theater Magazine face-off revealed a new observation about the Mits 5000 crushing black. The April 2007 WSR reviewer raved about it. Tom Norton of Ultimate AV really liked viewing the 1000 for an extended period. So too did Art over at Projector reviews. Art can't quit talking about it.

AVS does not sell Panasonic because of ... not going to say this time
. The end price for the 1080p Panasonic is identical for what I paid for an old Sony 1366*768 HS20 LCD. If you buy from that no-name-here membership club you can even audition it for up to 90 days. Sure beats the two hour bulb limit and restocking fees elsewhere.

Use with Da-Lite High Power 2.8 high gain (Joe Kanes favorite
) retro screen for best WOW effect.

http://search.ecoustics.com/Editoria...nic-Projector/

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those reviews make it sound pretty good. I may be looking into it. I am going to have to sell my 3 year old sharpvision 10k. I have two bulbs, one with 450 hours and the other is maybe 300. I will start looking at where to sell it.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reincarnate /forum/post/0

Well this month's Sound and Vision face off. The Home Theater Magazine face-off revealed a new observation about the Mits 5000 crushing black. The April 2007 WSR reviewer raved about it. Tom Norton of Ultimate AV really liked viewing the 1000 for an extended period. So too did Art over at Projector reviews. Art can't quit talking about it.

AVS does not sell Panasonic because of ... not going to say this time
. The end price for the 1080p Panasonic is identical for what I paid for an old Sony 1366*768 HS20 LCD. If you buy from that no-name-here membership club you can even audition it for up to 90 days. Sure beats the two hour bulb limit and restocking fees elsewhere.

Use with Da-Lite High Power 2.8 high gain (Joe Kanes favorite
) retro screen for best WOW effect.

Since you mentioned projector reviews you may want to check out the latest 1080P comparison, I would not say that based on this the review the Panny is better than the Sony. I am not saying the panny is bad, I have no idea as I am still looking into getting my first projector.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It is one projector reviews, it is the first link under Projector Advice and Info, it is called Best 1080P Home Theater Projectors and is dated 4/30/07

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.