Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'll be visiting New York City from sunday to tuesday.

I'd like some tips on what stores are able to demo projectors, most notably the HS-2 and HS-10 from Sony... Being able to compare with the Piano would be a plus (pun not intended), but my decision is really between the HS-2 and its big brother...

edited for length.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sébastien,

I live in NYC and unfortunately, I've had not had much luck finding a place to demo. There are a couple of high-end shops in the city that have high-priced DLP units on display in seperate viewing areas, so comparisons between units might be difficult (Harvey Electronics on 45th Street (@ 5th Ave) has the Sharp 9000 and Marantz DLPs).

There is a Sony Style store on 56th and Madison that has a lot of stuff down stairs. They've got a Sony 12HT going, and when I walked down the other day, they had a HS2 sitting on top of it turned off. I think the assistance there is probably pretty mediocre so you might have problems getting them to switch between units.

Karl

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks Karl. seems like the Sony Store might be my best bet up to now... how sad is that?

(I don't mean to generalize, but every Sony store I've been to up to now featured snobbish idiots as their sales personnel)

any other New Yorker willing to help me?

oh, and what should I go see in NYC? I mean, I'll do the classics such as the Empire State Building and Statue of Liberty, but I need more original ideas.

-Seb

·
Registered
140 Posts
You may want to call J&R (jandr.com) and see if they have any projectors set up.

I would recommend going to the WTC site - it really puts everything in perspective.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
of course, that was planned as well hoog23.

I also have long beach to visit, just cuz it's a beach.

i guess my girlfriend will want to go shopping at the big prestigious stores as well, and then there's Central Park... I wonder if we'll have enough time?

oh yeah, and what about a used or cheap DVD store?

thanks again guys.

-Seb

·
Registered
80 Posts
Seb,

I viewd a couple of projectors, including the new Piano,

at Cosmophonic Sound in the upper East side.

Their number is 212-734-0459.

They are very freindly...In fact after seeing

the Piano I bought it right there through them.

Give them a call and stop by their shop....

I'm very pleased with the HE-32001!

Regards.... King

·
Registered
211 Posts
i know this of little help, but there is a store on the upper east side that has NEC plasmas upstairs and some projectors downstairs. They have a living room setup with electric screen, etc. For the life of me I can't remember the name... I'll try and do a dealer locator search on NECs site.. but as previously mentioned Cosmopolitan Sound on 2nd Ave has Piano and I think Yamaha projectors showing, maybe more. Harveys has a runco and sharp. B&H has a lot of projectors but its in a pretty bright room so hard to tell differences i think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.