AVS Forum banner

19601 - 19620 of 19637 Posts

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19,602
Optoma ZH406 3D

quick 3D update on the Optoma ZH406, previously I wasn't able to get the Xpand RF emitter + Xpand glasses to sync with the Optoma. I dug out my 10 year Monster Vision 3D Glasses from Bit Cauldron, one of the first non-IR glasses released many moons ago. I thought for certain the batteries were shot but I put it on charge and the batteries are holding no problem, impressive! I miss these glasses, they are very comfortable with huge lenses and work well over prescription glasses.

It was instant plug and play for the RF transmitter and glasses sync. 1 min later watching Pacific Rim in all it's 3D glory! Amazing 3D in this movie and love the bass fest battle at 1:10. :D

This laser projector has ~1700 lumens in 3D mode which is very nice for it's price point. And best of all, no forced DLP link as is the case with most of the other DLP manufacturers. +1 to Optoma for keeping the 3 PIN VESA port in a 2020 model projector.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
am super impressed with even Phantom Menace :D has some great scenes ...

can't wait to work up to new hope :)
You should post those in my eye candy thread! :D

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yesterday night I was "playing" trying various things with my N7 and tested that SDR "cinema" mode, I found the images very nice, probably the nicest I've ever seen with my N7, so I took out my Nikon D7100 + Nikkor 16-85, put it on its tripod just behind our viewing sofa and shot a few pictures from some 4K demos (mp4), hint : the screen is a white woven accoustic one :

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Has there been a fall back of this thread recently ?

My old pictures ( png ) are back and my Edit text is gone too ?

EDIT: never mind I put the good ones ( jpeg ) back
I see no images. Are there supposed to be pictures?

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Optoma ZH406 3D

quick 3D update on the Optoma ZH406, previously I wasn't able to get the Xpand RF emitter + Xpand glasses to sync with the Optoma. I dug out my 10 year Monster Vision 3D Glasses from Bit Cauldron, one of the first non-IR glasses released many moons ago. I thought for certain the batteries were shot but I put it on charge and the batteries are holding no problem, impressive! I miss these glasses, they are very comfortable with huge lenses and work well over prescription glasses.

It was instant plug and play for the RF transmitter and glasses sync. 1 min later watching Pacific Rim in all it's 3D glory! Amazing 3D in this movie and love the bass fest battle at 1:10. :D

This laser projector has ~1700 lumens in 3D mode which is very nice for it's price point. And best of all, no forced DLP link as is the case with most of the other DLP manufacturers. +1 to Optoma for keeping the 3 PIN VESA port in a 2020 model projector.

Thinking of pairing this with a Spandex screen,how was the lumen output for 2D SDR? Is the contrast reasonable....lol I just need something for a few years until I can afford a better laser hopefully from JVC.

Rebuilding my room, 3rd builds a charm. The velvet pit saga. Having the velvet on panels really paid off. Check it out if you want.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Optoma ZH406 3D

Hi Avsers,
I'm still having difficulty getting comfortable with the new AVS UI. It does not seem to be updating via email as well as the old tried and true software... Perhaps it's affected by privacy screening apps? Any ideas?

Jason, the Optoma ZH406 looks like a winner. How does 3D compare with the Sharp Z30K? Do you still have the Sharp in your stack?
I'm still waiting (8 years now) for a 4K DLP with powered lens controls/lens memory...Each new release by Optoma or Benq gets my hopes up, but so far:(

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19,612
What 3D setup is this, the receiver I mean, decided I am grabbing this for 3d and tv, but I have no idea what to get to go with this PJ. I am not a fan of dlp link, could I use my JVC emitter with this PJ?
hi, unfortunately no go on the JVC or Xpand RF transmitter for use with the Optoma.

it requires either the Optoma BC 100 (also known as the Monster Vision RF 3D transmitter) or the Optoma BC300 which was unique to the Optoma ZF2300 glasses. The later is quite difficult to hunt down these days.

This kit will work perfect and is the same as the photo above. The transmitter will also work with the Optoma ZF2100 glasses which are bit easier to find. I always liked the large Monster Vision 3D glasses and they work great with with the ZH406.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Monstervision-Max-3d-Eyewear-System-With-Active-Sync-Glasses-And-Transmitte/153544672104

Let me know if you have any questions if you get it.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Thank you, too bad about the JVC emitter and I see the the BC300 is discontinued, thanks for the link.

Just for kicks I am going to run the 406 in my velvet room with my 100" HP screen lol, might burn my eyes out lol. I'll be running a 130" AT screen in there but I'll be holding on to mp HP screen I'm getting buried with that screen lol.

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19,614
Thank you, too bad about the JVC emitter and I see the the BC300 is discontinued, thanks for the link.

Just for kicks I am going to run the 406 in my velvet room with my 100" HP screen lol, might burn my eyes out lol. I'll be running a 130" AT screen in there but I'll be holding on to mp HP screen I'm getting buried with that screen lol.
HP forever! I think you will like the 3D on the ZH406, it's ~1700 lumens in 3D mode with a D65 cal through the glasses. Good luck with remodel work, I was following your thread recently.

I just added another projector to the rack, the crazy expensive in 2010 Sim2 Mico 50 LED projector. It's a .95 DC4 DMD with amazing color from the LED's. i recently calibrated it with a 3D lut and UHD content looks excellent on the 142" 2.8HP.

let me know when you get the ZH406 !

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
HP forever! I think you will like the 3D on the ZH406, it's ~1700 lumens in 3D mode with a D65 cal through the glasses. Good luck with remodel work, I was following your thread recently.

I just added another projector to the rack, the crazy expensive in 2010 Sim2 Mico 50 LED projector. It's a .95 DC4 DMD with amazing color from the LED's. i recently calibrated it with a 3D lut and UHD content looks excellent on the 142" 2.8HP.

let me know when you get the ZH406 !
Wow that is nice, huge dmd chip must have pretty good contrast.

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19,617
Pretty cool video,enjoy.
That is awesome thanks for posting! amazing orchestra of equipment and skill to operate it.

I love 3D movies that start with this IMAX Intro, the rings are inches from your face :)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Optoma ZH406 3D

Yes, based on the 3D experiments with my Optoma HD 83(00) other glasses (e.g. Xpand, 3DTV Corp.) won't work with the Bit Cauldron / MonsterMax / Optoma RF Emitters. One Emitter that is neither of the aforementioned (and same) is one from "Hi-Shock" that works with my HD 83: https://www.hi-shock.de/media/image/2d/bf/11/evo_emitter_35623c2901f028_600x600.jpg

Enabled me to get my 3DTV Corp. glasses for my daughter finally working (but still rejects Xpand glasses) and the "Hi-Shock" RF-glasses (but requires me each time to reverse sync in the Optoma 3D setup menu).

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
it's going to be a busy night testing out the new Nvidia 3080 with MadVR. going right for Gemini Man and Billy Lynn 4K/60 :) @Javs fyi!

Jelly!!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

19601 - 19620 of 19637 Posts