AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dell 4400 , ATI AIW 7500 connected via VGA and S-video to a Sharp A10X for projection.

DVDs look great, however some video games (50%) have a vert scroll unless I switch to a s-video connection via the sharp remote. That stops the scroll, but image quality suffers.

In addition I use snapstream for TV projection. I also is not as clear an image as I would like..Comcast has HDTV in the works which I hope will help in this area..

But in the mean time I was thinking that I might be able to use dscaler to clean up the images but its turn out that it doesnt work with ATI cards.

I was hoping that someone might be able to tell me:

1) get these games to work via a VGA input?

2) Any alternative to dscaler for ATI card?

3) Does anyone know if comcast HDTV will improve image quality when its available?

tahnsk in advance

MitchellA

·
Registered
510 Posts
If you can get HD on cable, go for it. Realize that you'll be dealing with a cable box (sounds like you're doing all tuning from the AIW now). Also, it depends on which cable box Comcast is using-some have better connectivity options than others for your PJ.

Dscaler will clean up SD material pretty well if you throw enough processing power at it. I say a minimum 2ghz machine for best results. You could get a $35 capture card (Xcapture seems popular around here) and run S-vid out from the ATI into the Xcapture. Dscaler will find and use the signal from the Xcapture and output to your PJ.

Thats weird with the Video games. I know some games "force" a certain resolution and ignore your desktop (my little girl has some games that do this and its most annoying). But I've never gotten a "roll" out of it. Weird.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.