AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am deciding to get either the AX2000 or the Epson Home Cinema. I really want to get the best sub 3k projector that would give me the best color vibrancy. I am not a black lvl afficianado but appreciate it. It's just I appreciate color vibrancy more then black. So I called Projector People and asked them between the 2, what would give me better image. He tells me the AX2000 does have slighter been vibrancy then the Epson 1080UB but the Epson has better black lvls. So I am tilting toward the AX2000.

The screen I will be using 98% decided is either a HP model 79047C with the custom dimensions of 127w viewable and 71h viewable OR a Carada screen.

I am posting my room images here

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post12961988

Thanks for helping!!

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Here is what projectorreviews.com had to say when comparing the color of the two

"The typical Epson HC1080UB image has richer colors in dark areas, which generally leads to descriptions such as "eye-popping color", or wow factor. By comparison, the Panasonic image might be described as natural and laid-back, and the Epson - rich and dynamic."

I think you want the epson.
http://www.projectorreviews.com/epso...b/proscons.php

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so the Espon1080UB over the AX2000 for Vibrancy? I guess the whole noise issue comes into play with the Epson though now.

Edit: Umm my viewable screen is going to be around 150 inches diag (75hx130w) and the epson says this for screen area...Image Size 30 - 150 inches diagonal. I am going to be using this PJ at the max it can project screenwise? Isn't that bad if I my viewable screen is going to be (75hx130w)?

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Well the Epson is definitely brighter than the Panasonic so a larger screen would be an argument for the Epson. With any screen that large, you may need to use the high lamp mode for whatever projector that you buy. I wouldn't worry about noise.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I think the general consensus is, the 1080UB beats the AX200 in everyway.

·
Registered
405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightninesuited /forum/post/12968439

You mean 2000, and not in every way.

One thing is noise, and that's a deal-breaker for me. Also the fact that if you want the Epson and not pay extra $1000, you have to get it in white. And some features on the Panny that the Epson doesn't have - digital adjustment, side-by-side etc. On the other side, the Epson has the better picture, blacks/contrast, and brightness.

I'm thinking maybe I'll wait for Panny 3000 in the fall.

·
Banned
1,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightninesuited /forum/post/12968439

The 200 is no slouch and side by side next to the 1080ub I prefer the ax-200 minus the black levels which the 1080UB is better. I have been bashed for saying that before but the panny pops!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts