AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I work at a school, and they are in need of a few new projectors. I've been trying to search for reviews, but all I can find are reviews of HT projectors.

Are there any good review sites regarding projectors? Ideally cost would be around $500-$1000. It doesn't have to be hi-def or anything, but a larger resolution is a plus. These would be ceiling mounted units (with a universal ceiling mount).

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies! Am currently checking out that site.

Looks like there are a lot of good short-throw projectors, but the school I work at needs normal ones since they are ceiling mounted.

We currently have a lot of Powerlite S5's, but they are becoming outdated fast.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You are on the right track dear, it is very important to take the reviews of the product you are buying, specially any electronic product. It is not only important to grab knowledge about it, but also important to in term to check new launches and new models. Projector reviews is really important before purchasing.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
As much as the XJ-A230 would be ideal for the classroom setting due to its lamp hour capability, I don't think it's brightness would be adequate for most classroom settings. Most classroom settings need a minimum of 2500 lumens, ideally at least 3000. In most teaching environments you want a well lit surrounding for students to be able to take notes, see the content clearly, and bright enough so they don't dose off easily on the material.

When it comes to educational I would also recommend you to browse at projectors with longer warranty packages. 3 years would always be most ideal. I would recommend you looking at the BenQ MX750. Not only is it under your budget, it's in the 3000 lumen range. It can do 3000-4000 lamp hours depending whether or not its' on eco-mode. Also another important feature is that these educational projectors are always network friendly, so you can link them to the IT department and have them regularly monitored for their performance status.

Are onboard speakers a feature you'd be looking for? Or do the classrooms already have speakers built into the ceiling that is connectable through the old AV system?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just wanted to give an update...

We went with the Casio XJ-A240, and it is pretty rockin'! Good resolution, size, and good enough brightness (2500 lumens). In eco mode off the fan is pretty loud, but it works fine in Eco mode.

Thanks for the recommendations and suggestions! Much appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.