AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get recommendations on a projector to be used in the conference room at work. Budget is $7,000 and it needs to be super bright because half the room is windows so there will be lots of daylight in the room. We need it to handle high resolutions as well, at least 1280x1024. Its primary uses are powerpoint presentations, promotional videos, and video games. I work for a video game company so that is a must. :)

Is there an LCD projector that is bright enough for this? I have very limited experience with these as the only one I have used was an older Panasonic that was 1200 lumens which was fine in a dark room but not with the flourecent lights on.

Then with DLP projectors I have read that people complain about flickering and the rainbow like effect that trails fast moving images. Is there some that are better than other? Are they bright enough for my application?

Any suggestions or places where I can read more about these are very appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You should look at some of the epson products. We have done alot of the 810 and 820. They are less expensive than your budget permits so you can also look into the brightest possible sanyo. IMHO sanyo is the bulldozer of the projector world.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent I will check those out. Looks like Sanyo has dozens of models to choose from. Thank you!

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Sanyo PLC46. 4000 lumens. Similar to the PLV 70, except brighter, 4:3, standard XGA, and no MLA. We are using these for some projects at work. You can get them for about $6k.

There are some brighter models, but they get a little above $7K.

BB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.