AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a conference room situation where ther box for the projector and the wall space are already allocated and it seems the combo is a difficult one. The wall space is 58 in. high and 82 in. wide. and the distance to it from the box is 18ft. I just tried a Sharp DW100U and even with the zoom I couldn't get the picture to fit in the space. Are there any recommendations on a projector could produce an image that would fit? I tried the calculator on projectorcentral.com and the JVC projectors seem to work but, I can't get a 13K projector for it. Is the G10 or 11 still available somewhere?

Thanks

George Loch

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
A good choice for this situation would be the Seleco series DLP's. They just had a price decrease on many of their models, so they are ready to move. The throw ratio is what you need to look for when choosing. For example, the Seleco projectors are 2.2-3.1. What that means is that you take the width of the screen, in this case 82", and multiply it by those two numbers. This will give you your minimum and maximum throw ranges.

82"x2.2=180.4" or 15.03'

82"x3.1=254.2" or 21.18'

Hope that helps!

------------------

Jason Turk

AV Science, Inc.
http://www.avscience.com

716-454-1460 ext.204

[email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.