AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We watch movies outside a few times each summer (maybe 4-6 times/year).

I currently unhook my Panasonic projector from my celing mount in the HT; but that is becoming a hassle.

Would appreciate any recommendations for a projector to use a few times/year. Looking to keep cost low as possible.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Mike

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
assuming you won't be needing absolute blacks, and would prefer something bright, you might just watch the classifieds for a used projector. even one with a few hours on the bulb wouldn't be a deal breaker for occasional use.

i just upgraded my 720p epson hc720 to a jvc x35 and my plan is to keep the epson around for this exact reason. i'd like to give the outdoor thing a try, but i don't want the hassle of moving the jvc around.

my upgrade actually started because i was wondering about buying a cheap data projector to use outside, and figured my money was better spent buying a better one for the basement, than a crappier one for the backyard, haha. if you've already got a good one, then buying something cheap used seems the most logical to me.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm planing on doing the same thing as you. I just grabbed an Epson powerlite home cinema 705HD refurbished directly from them. Not sure about posting pricing but safe to say it was cheap enough where I don't mind taking a chance with it. I'll probably use it in my basement as well in the meantime while I figure out what is wrong with my Marantz vp4100. Can't wait to get it and try it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.