AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for recommendations for a projector for video presentations in our Sunday School class and secondarily used for presentations at meetings. We currently have a Mitsubishi XD250R which I have borrowed from another class room but it doesn't like being hooked up to my Lenovo T520. Whenever I hook it up and then disconnect it, all the icons on my desktop are scrambled. I have been told this is because the resolution on the XD250R are lower than the 1600 x 900 on the Lenovo T520.

I plan to use the T520 for most of the presentations. It has the standard monitor connector, USB slots plus a Display Port Connector.

I know so little about projectors, I don't know what the next question is to ask. Thanks,

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinMitchell  /t/1471769/projector-for-sunday-school-class#post_23290149

I'm looking for recommendations for a projector for video presentations in our Sunday School class and secondarily used for presentations at meetings. We currently have a Mitsubishi XD250R which I have borrowed from another class room but it doesn't like being hooked up to my Lenovo T520. Whenever I hook it up and then disconnect it, all the icons on my desktop are scrambled. I have been told this is because the resolution on the XD250R are lower than the 1600 x 900 on the Lenovo T520.

I plan to use the T520 for most of the presentations. It has the standard monitor connector, USB slots plus a Display Port Connector.

I know so little about projectors, I don't know what the next question is to ask. Thanks,

You can start by looking at the classroom projectors recommended by Projector Central - a website that lists and reviews projectors. Not all projectors are reviewed.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/popular_classroom_projectors.htm

The Display Port on your Lenovo is comparable to HDMI and came about in 2006 as an upgrade to VGA. Problem is you don't see it installed on very many classroom projectors. Of course you can still continue to use the VGA output.

Since the Mitsubishi XD250R has an HDMI input you could shop around for a Display Port to HDMI converter. Make sure the Lenovo can actually be set up to output via Display Port.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.