AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a 60 Hz hum in my system that gets louder over time. I'm pretty sure it's a ground loop between the projector and the amps, since when I disconnect the video feeds (component) it goes away. There is no cable or satellite connection to the system. I have tried a 3 prong adapter on the projector with no luck. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Is this a new problem? Have you just added the projector to the system or made other changes? If so, check there by isolating sources and seeing if the problem goes away.

Do your projector and audio equipment share a 120V circuit? If not, try connecting the projector to the same circuit as the audio equipment, use an extension cord temporarily and see if this helps.

If these experiments don't fix it you may try a groud loop isolator. Something like this Jensen should work: Ground Loop Isolator Link

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mysphyt
Is this a new problem? Have you just added the projector to the system or made other changes? If so, check there by isolating sources and seeing if the problem goes away.

Do your projector and audio equipment share a 120V circuit? If not, try connecting the projector to the same circuit as the audio equipment, use an extension cord temporarily and see if this helps.

If these experiments don't fix it you may try a groud loop isolator. Something like this Jensen should work: Ground Loop Isolator Link
Thanks for the reply. Problem's been there from the beginning. Connecting to the same circuit improves slightly but not much; anyway, it's impractical since the projector is so far away from the audio system. The ground loop isolator looks likes it's intended for hum bars in picture rather than sound....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.