Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Price range 3000-4000

Looking for a projector with high resolution (preferably at least 1280x???? (prefer widescreen if possible.

Just as title indicates, primarily for PC gaming. No real console games. DVD movies also.

Room has decent light control.

I have an X850XT video card in one PC and SLI 7800's in another so something that could compliment those cards.

Any recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Are the majority of your PC games 4:3?

Then take a look at the NEC HT 1100.

If your expecting to play games in widescreen mode look at the Sanyo Z3 or Panasonic AE 700. I am not sure what 16:9 DLP's would be in your price range, nor am I sure you would need to spend that much.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'd recommend the JVC HX1 (aka the Dukane 9100HC ), a LCOS-based projector. DLP tends to cause fatigue (not in everyone, but a good percentage will be affected by the end of a long stretch of gaming). Also, its native resolution (which you will use most of the time in a PC setting) is 1400x788.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
The Toshiba and BenQ are 1280x720, which most games will run at and are will within your price range. It might be a challenge to a get a game to run on the JVC's oddball resolution.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Two of the games I play will run 16:9 rest would be 4:3 for now.

1) If I get a good 16:9 can I still play 4:3's full display or will I get black edges or distortion?

2) I read this about the HT1100 - I know native resolution is preferred but is it that detrimental to use the max resolution or maybe 1600x1200?

Native: 1024x768 Pixels

Maximum: 1920x1080 Pixels

3) DVI vs standard 15-pin analog - should I rule out anything that does not have DVI?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.