AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get the image to fit perfectly with my 125 inch screen. Either its a little too wide on one side or the bottom right is higher by about half an inch. I think it is because I have it upside down on my mounted shelf. Anyone have similar setup? I have it on 2 small pieces of wood.

·
Registered
30,237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropg  /t/1520640/projector-image-isnt-100-aligned-with-the-screen#post_24430230

I can't get the image to fit perfectly with my 125 inch screen. Either its a little too wide on one side or the bottom right is higher by about half an inch. I think it is because I have it upside down on my mounted shelf. Anyone have similar setup? I have it on 2 small pieces of wood.

Take a picture of the image just slightly smaller than the frame of the image.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5  /t/1520640/projector-image-isnt-100-aligned-with-the-screen#post_24433767

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropg  /t/1520640/projector-image-isnt-100-aligned-with-the-screen#post_24430230

Take a picture of the image just slightly smaller than the frame of the image.
What do you mean?

Sent from Galaxy Note 3

·
Registered
934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropg  /t/1520640/projector-image-isnt-100-aligned-with-the-screen#post_24433995

What do you mean?

Sent from Galaxy Note 3

Zoom down the picture to make it slightly smaller than the frame so we can see what the image looks like. However, chances are you need to 1st make make sure the projector is perfectly level. You said it's on 2 pieces of wood?. After leveling the projector your projector then needs to be perfectly pointed at the screen. A lot of times what happens is you'll be pointing a couple degrees to the left or right which causes one side of the picture to be sloped.

·
Registered
30,237 Posts
Often times the screen will not be perfectly level in the vertical plane and in that case, the projector should not be level. The lens should be parallel with the screen. So if the screen has a slight bit of vertical slope to it, so that the bottom of the screen is closer to the projector than the top of the screen, then the projector would need to be angled down slightly. This distinction can be very important for some people that have to mount the projector up high and do not have enough vertical lens shift to hit the screen. By pulling the bottom of the screen away from the wall, you can angle the projector down and still have an image that is not keystone. This means you can actually mount the projector higher than the maximum lens shift allowed.

The only way to know what you have is to reduce the size of the image slightly smaller than the screen frame. That allows you to see if the lines are parallel with the screen frame. If one side is smaller, you swing the lens toward that side a slight bit and then lens shift the image back to the screen. Same goes for top and bottom of the image.

Here is an article on keystone and how to correct: https://portal.infocus.com/support/FAQ/Correcting%20Keystone%20Problems.aspx

What the article does not go into is when the image has yaw, pitch and roll off, it can be harder to see the problem, and what needs to be done to correct it. Also, never use the keystone correction on the projector. Physically adjust the projector and/or screen to get a square image.

·
Registered
118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5  /t/1520640/projector-image-isnt-100-aligned-with-the-screen#post_24438682

Also, never use the keystone correction on the projector. Physically adjust the projector and/or screen to get a square image.

What would you recommend in the case of short-throw projectors that have higher projection angles? In my current setup, I would either have to set my projector on a couple of phone books on the floor, or put the screen on the floor in the case of a ceiling mount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts