AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Complete newby with no experience in projectors (two plasmas currently). We are moving to the East Coast from California and just bought our first house with a basement rec room. I'm trying to figure out how to have my cake, and eat it too, as I want to include both a small home theater and pool table in the same large room. Dimensions are 28' x 15'6, with a fireplace at one end. To configure properly, we're looking at the prospect of the projector screen on the side wall, with the couch on the other side, probably 13' to 14' away.

Ideally, I'd like to have a projector set up that can throw a 100" - 120" screen (is the seating too close for that large?) with the ability to use as theater with no ambient light, but also as a background for playing pool with ambient light.

From what I've read, the Mits HC5000BL sound like it might work. Not looking to break the bank, but $10k or so including the screen is probably an appropriate budget for the projector.

Any recommendations or suggestions?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.