Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there...

This may sound a bit strange, but yes, we have a squash court attached to the house (here when we bought the house) - after many years of squash and volleyball in it, we haven't used it much recently, so we're looking at converting it into a rumpus room/home theatre...

The main part of this system is probably going to be a projector - I'll worry about sound later. Budget is as cheap as I can reasonably get away with... I'd say $8000 (about $4000 US) is the absolute max though.

The court's a shade under 10m front to back, and has a raised viewing platform at the back where most of the system will live. So sheer brightness is probably the most important need - although I can probably black the place out pretty well, it seems like a hell of a long way to project an image...

It'll mainly be used for DVDs, although TV is also likely, and HDTV would be cool if possible within the budget! Ability to plug in a PC would also be nice.

I'm in Brisbane, Australia, so I don't really want to buy anything direct from the US, but if there's any *really* good deals I'd think about it...

Cheers,

Danny Smith

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.