AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work for a flying squadron on Andrews AFB next to Washington DC.

Thanks to input from this forum we recently purchased a Sanyo PLC- XP46 and a ~140" screen from AV science. We need to get this system installed and want it done proffessionaly. Does anyone know a place in the area that can do this?

Anyone know a ball park figure of how much this usually costs?

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DaMaDo
I work for a flying squadron on Andrews AFB next to Washington DC.

Thanks to input from this forum we recently purchased a Sanyo PLC- XP46 and a ~140" screen from AV science. We need to get this system installed and want it done proffessionaly. Does anyone know a place in the area that can do this?

Anyone know a ball park figure of how much this usually costs?
Er, the pro places typically only installs the gear they sell. You might try someplace like RitzAV in Beltsville and see if they are ameniable. If you haven't purchased the mounting hardware, cabling, etc they might be nice enough to install just those portions if you buy it from them. They don't carry Sanyo and would be unlikely to want to mess with any liability from installing it.

There was a builder at one of the local shootouts at Longshot's house. I don't recall his AVS handle or have his contact info. You might try to PM him and see if he has the contact info. You might try Thumper to see if he knows someone.

Otherwise you'll have to hire a general contractor type and do the technical hookup yourself. Once the conduits are laid, mounting hardware secured and electrical power run it should be straight forward to run the video cable and plug everything in.

There are other folks in the business around DC and maybe for a ride in a very fast airplane (exchange of professional services :) ) they might PM ya.

Good Luck!

Nigel

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the reply. We finally tracked down a contractor that handles it. They came in today and looked at the Sanyo PLC-XP46 and said it wasn't meant to mount on the ceiling. Is it possible to put it up there without any degredation to image? Or do we have to put it on a table?

They were saying to put it on the ceiling they would have to jerry rig it.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
The Sanyo PLC-XP46 is listed as being the same projector as the Boxlight MP-42t which appears to have a ceiling mount kit in the accessories list.

I found a couple of places that list a mount for the XP46 so AVS should be able to sell you one. If not, look here for the Projector Central sheet on the XP46 and click on dealers until you find one that carries it.

Between the lens shift and keystone controls you shouldn't have any problems with a ceiling mount.

Nigel

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
It is true, this projector can be mounted on the cieling. Is this a base projector to be used by the squadron or your own personal one for home? It is a very bright projector, its listed at 4100 Lumens.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by nigel_ht
The Sanyo PLC-XP46 is listed as being the same projector as the Boxlight MP-42t which appears to have a ceiling mount kit in the accessories list.

I found a couple of places that list a mount for the XP46 so AVS should be able to sell you one. If not, look here for the Projector Central sheet on the XP46 and click on dealers until you find one that carries it.

Between the lens shift and keystone controls you shouldn't have any problems with a ceiling mount.

Nigel
Thanks, I find it hard to decide what type of mount I need though...I need something with a pole that goes about 4-6 feet up. Sanyo makes one specifically for this projector but I can't find it anywhere for sale. Some other ones look like it mounts the projector upside-down....is this possible with this projector?

Quote:
Originally posted by David Guill

It is true, this projector can be mounted on the cieling. Is this a base projector to be used by the squadron or your own personal one for home? It is a very bright projector, its listed at 4100 Lumens.

[/b]
This is for squadron use. Got myself a Sammy DLP 61 at home, also thanks to this forum

:D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by David Guill
The mount from boxlight will work on this projector. You can also get it from studio experience
Thanks a lot, we'll order that one today. Looks like it mounts upside-down but I guess that's ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.