AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the IR flashers flashing at times when no IR was being sent and couldn't figure out why. Later, I noticed they were brighter when the DWIN TV3 got brighter. The power for the projector goes nowhere near the Cat5e for the IR. I can't use the IR repeater on the DWIN scaler because it makes the DWIN menu respond sluggishly.

So deos the DWIN projector output IR signals or does the IR repeater always act like this with projectors? The IR eye is mounted in a box above the screen.

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
You may need to buy an "plasma proof" or "flourescent proof" IR receiver. They are manufactured by Audioplex and Xantech. The Xantech plasma unit is much pricier last I looked.

·
Registered
657 Posts
The problem is light overflow from your projector.

Almost any light source will carry some IR in its bandwidth.

I have used Xantech, Niles and Audioplex and they all suffered if hit with Pj light.

Is your Pj. high mounted. If so you will need to move your IR receiver.

If low mounted you might be able to to mount a small blind below the IR receiver.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The projector is high mounted. But with the projector and lights and everything in the room turned off, there is still a little bit of blinking in the IR flashers.

·
Registered
657 Posts
If you are getting IR blinking with all off.

It is possible that you are picking up radiated noise form the 110v wires.

Is the power supply (wall wart) made by the same mfg. as your IR system.

If it is not, you could be getting spurious noise from it. I have had problems with Radio Shack power supplies.

Is there a source of reflected light such as a pool.

Some products are very sensitive to IR noise, as it will overload the decoder and block your commands. Will the remote with the PJ off.

If so the it is most likly the PJ light that is your problem.

·
Registered
657 Posts
If you are getting IR blinking with all off.

It is possible that you are picking up radiated noise form the 110v wires.

Is the power supply (wall wart) made by the same mfg. as your IR system.

If it is not, you could be getting spurious noise from it. I have had problems with Radio Shack power supplies.

Is there a source of reflected light such as a pool.

Some products are very sensitive to IR noise, as it will overload the decoder and block your commands. Will the remote with the PJ off.

If so then it is most likly the PJ light that is your problem.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Power line interference is what I think it might be. But the closest the Cat5e wire runs to power lines is 12 inches. The room is totally light controlled and is pitch black in the middle of the day. The power supply is from the same company as the distribution block. There is a blinking red light inside the IR cover on the front of the projector. I think that might be the culprit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.