AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to tell you guys my experience with Projector Lamp Center.

About a month ago I needed to get a replacement lamp for my Sanyo Z5 - so I came here to see if anyone knew of a good place for lamps.

A couple of ppl mentioned PLC - so I gave them a try - I ordered the lamp on Nov. 10 and it still has not gone out. The thing is, when I went to the site it said the lamp was in stock. Anyway I figured I'd give them a chance and wait - I wrote them 2-e-mails and neither was answered.

I called and it took over an hour on hold to finally talk to someone - the guy gave all kinds of excuses and said it will be out by "next wends" that was last week - Fri came and no bulb was sent - BTW - my CC was charged when I put the order in.

So now I'll cancel my order - I'll have to call the guy on Mon. I just cant believe how unprofessional they are.

Now does anyone know of another place to get a bulb?

·
Registered
785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by polygonkilla /forum/post/15289393

I just wanted to tell you guys my experience with Projector Lamp Center.

About a month ago I needed to get a replacement lamp for my Sanyo Z5 - so I came here to see if anyone knew of a good place for lamps.

A couple of ppl mentioned PLC - so I gave them a try - I ordered the lamp on Nov. 10 and it still has not gone out. The thing is, when I went to the site it said the lamp was in stock. Anyway I figured I'd give them a chance and wait - I wrote them 2-e-mails and neither was answered.

I called and it took over an hour on hold to finally talk to someone - the guy gave all kinds of excuses and said it will be out by "next wends" that was last week - Fri came and no bulb was sent - BTW - my CC was charged when I put the order in.

So now I'll cancel my order - I'll have to call the guy on Mon. I just cant believe how unprofessional they are.

Now does anyone know of another place to get a bulb?

For what its worth, I had the same experience with them Ended up canceling the order and bought a lamp at Projector People.

·
Registered
7,098 Posts
Be careful places like Electrified sell G-series bulbs and even their ads say OEM replacement instead of OEM. These are bulbs manufactured in China and don't meet the manufacturers specs for brightness etc... it's like buying a 60 watt home bulb. A Phlips 60 may make 600 lumens while a GE 60 watt may make 650. The only way to know for sure is to get the manufacturers bulb.

Here's Electrifieds company info
Quote:
COMPANY INFORMATION: ABOUT ELECTRIFIED DISCOUNTERS, INC.

Welcome to Electrified.com

Electrified Discounters, Inc., established in 1983, was one of the first mail order microcomputer dealers in the country. With over 25 years in the business, Electrified stands as one of the most reputable, quality-oriented companies today.

Electrified specializes in products that the consumer really can use at the most competitive prices; Projectors, Projector Lamps, Rear Projection TV lamps, TV’s POS/Barcode, TVs, POS/Barcode Equipment, Audio Equipment, Marine Equipment, and Consumer Electronics.

Any merchandise that is discontinued, second inventory, refurbished, or products that are otherwise not considered “state of the art” are our specialty. In other words, Great Equipment, Great Performance, Great Prices!

We are a major reseller of new Projector and Rear Projection TV Lamps, and Projectors, as well as a wide variety of consumer electronics. We offer some of the LOWEST PRICES in the U.S.A.

Here's an example. I bought mine from buy.com and they sell two seperate bulbs for my Mitsubishi HC1500. Check out the top left and right bulbs. One is from Mitsubishi and the other is from Datastor Inc, but you have to scroll all the way down the page to the product summary to see the manufacturer. Otherwise you'd probably buy the cheaper one.

http://www.buy.com/retail/usersearch...me&display=col

Buy.com is a reputable place you just have to know what to look for and make sure you are buying a manufacurer bulb and not a knock off. I'm sure electrified is a reputable comany as well it just that once again you have to look and make sure you are getting a manufacturer bulb.

Here's a good article on fake bulbs http://fixyourdlp.com/blog/2008/11/2...s-counterfeit/

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the answers guys - I think I'll try PP or B& H Photo here in NYC

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wanted to give you guys an update - on Jan 22 I still didnt receive the bulb so I tried to cancel the order but could not get in tough with them and they didnt answer non of my e-mails. So I called my CC co. and disputed the charge. Now I decided to try and call them one more time - well I got thru and they were making up all kinds of excuse and they had the cojones to tell me that I will get the bulb in 2-weeks - I almost lost it - I told them - you got a set of brass ones and that I wanted to canel the order.

so they canceled the order and I get a E-mail to confirm - and in the e-mail it says that it will take a minimum of 30 days to process the check. I mean WTF - so that will be 4 months that my money will be tied up, and ppl wonder why this country is in the shape its in.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyAgain /forum/post/15669169

that's a bummer.

Hope all works out.

Thanks - I just wanted to give you guys a heads up about Projector Lamp Center.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss69camaro350 /forum/post/15292705

I used Electrified.com, little slow with the shipping but always good communication and good prices.

Thanks. I'll make a note of that. With laser dragging its feet, looks like it will be bulbs for awhile.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Unfortunately, I like many other people have had tons of bulb problems on my HD72. I am on my 4th bulb in 2 years. The first one went at about 1000 hrs and I had gotten a bulb warranty with the purchase from PP. I got that replaced under warranty (whew). About 700 hrs later that bulb went, and luckily the warranty was 3 years or 2 bulbs whichever came first, so I got that replaced under warranty. That bulb also went in about 700 hrs. I had no more warranty replacements left, so I took a change and bought a bulb off ebay that was cheaper than most places, but ti was the bulb only, no housing. I got it in 2 days, replaced it in the existing housing and have been going strong for about 1400 hrs. I guess sometimes it is just lucky finding something that works when i could be a gamble.

Dave

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by polygonkilla /forum/post/15669061

Just wanted to give you guys an update - on Jan 22 I still didnt receive the bulb so I tried to cancel the order but could not get in tough with them and they didnt answer non of my e-mails. So I called my CC co. and disputed the charge. Now I decided to try and call them one more time - well I got thru and they were making up all kinds of excuse and they had the cojones to tell me that I will get the bulb in 2-weeks - I almost lost it - I told them - you got a set of brass ones and that I wanted to canel the order.

so they canceled the order and I get a E-mail to confirm - and in the e-mail it says that it will take a minimum of 30 days to process the check. I mean WTF - so that will be 4 months that my money will be tied up, and ppl wonder why this country is in the shape its in.

Since you paid by credit card, there should not be a check. The credit card company should be crediting your account ASAP. Did you dispute the charge in writing? If so contact your CC company.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i would like to tell you about new projector lamps supplier, Projector Lamps World .

I'm the owner of the site and promise to offer the best service and prices.

try us and you won't disappointed.

by the way if you will search the net you can find a lot of complains about PLC.

·
Registered
7,098 Posts
No offense intended but your price for the Mitsubishi HC1500 lamp is $330, and you said you have the best prices. The same OEM original Mitsubishi HC1500 lamp can be had for around $300 online.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FremontRich /forum/post/15710696

I bought my lamp and UPS from Provantage. They were quick and no problem receiving my items. I have no financial interest in this company.

http://www.provantage.com/

Glad to here that, I am planning on getting a replacement bulb from them for my HC6000. They had the best price and I have dealt with them before for a UPS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having a similar issue as the original poster. I purchased a lamp replacement through myprojectorlamps.com in Dec 2020. It's now the end of March 2021. After a few calls they claim the manufacturer (Philips) has a back log of orders and was supposed to hear from them at the end of Feb 2021. I have not heard from them yet.

My projector: Optoma HD33, Lamp: Optoma BL-FP230I.
Both of which I originally assumed are discontinued. But the site let me order and pay for it. Claiming it would ship within 10 business days, which lead me to believe it's in stock :(

1. Has anyone dealt with myprojectorlamps.com before?
2. Is there currently a lamp shortage/delay world wide?
3. Do manufacturers still produce replacements for discontinued products?

·
Registered
112 Posts
My projector: Optoma HD33, Lamp: Optoma BL-FP230I.
Both of which I originally assumed are discontinued. But the site let me order and pay for it. Claiming it would ship within 10 business days, which lead me to believe it's in stock :(

1. Has anyone dealt with myprojectorlamps.com before?
2. Is there currently a lamp shortage/delay world wide?
3. Do manufacturers still produce replacements for discontinued products?
I have the HD300X which uses the same bulb as the HD33. I purchased an Osram replacement bulb from Amazon directly (not a 3rd party seller) for £52 last year (currently £65). Identical to the original bulb and very easy to put in the lamp housing (couple of minutes). Always being careful not to touch the glass part of the bulb to avoid creating greasy hot spots.
OSRAM P VIP 230/0.8 E20.8 Projector Bulb: Amazon.co.uk: TV

It's also on the Australian Amazon site and ships from Amazon UK, this is the bulb: OSRAM P VIP 230/0.8 E20.8
OSRAM P VIP 230/0.8 E20.8 Projector Bulb: Amazon.com.au: Electronics

This bulb is used by a few manufacturers/models. There's some negative reviews, but they may have not bought directly from Amazon, bulb seems perfect after daily use for 8 months.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts