AVS Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I see that on eBay some sellers are selling the bulb only (not the cartridge). The one I was looking at was for an Epson and the lamp was branded "Epson" and "Made in Philippines". The seller has great feedback so I emailed and asked them how can a bulb have an Epson stamp on it if Epson don't actually make bulbs. He replied saying that Epson do make bulbs. Does anyone know for sure? :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the HD300X which uses the same bulb as the HD33. I purchased an Osram replacement bulb from Amazon directly (not a 3rd party seller) for £52 last year (currently £65). Identical to the original bulb and very easy to put in the lamp housing (couple of minutes). Always being careful not to touch the glass part of the bulb to avoid creating greasy hot spots.
OSRAM P VIP 230/0.8 E20.8 Projector Bulb: Amazon.co.uk: TV

It's also on the Australian Amazon site and ships from Amazon UK, this is the bulb: OSRAM P VIP 230/0.8 E20.8
OSRAM P VIP 230/0.8 E20.8 Projector Bulb: Amazon.com.au: Electronics

This bulb is used by a few manufacturers/models. There's some negative reviews, but they may have not bought directly from Amazon, bulb seems perfect after daily use for 8 months.
Thank you for your recommendation, mabuk.
I've purchased the bulb you linked and now waiting for it to arrive :)

Still keen to know what the deal is with myprojectorlamps.com / Phillips delay on my order is, if anyone has had experience with that site etc.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts