AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think it's safe to open up the projector and blasting it with one of those "air-in-a-can" things used for dry-cleaning computer parts? I was thinking of doing this for routine cleaning.

I bought my DLP in March 2002 and already see some dust particles looking through the lens. Just wanted to check in here before I do it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
@BSN

which pj you are using; if you are not common with electronic, I would recomend, please keep away, it is sometimes not so easy

hb

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
If you do decide to do it, be careful with the air in the can. Make sure you keep the can completely upright so that you are spraying air and not liquid.

Even though all projectors are different, you can take a look at how I cleaned my Sony 10HT. It might give you some idea of what to expect.

Here's a link to my description of the cleaning process.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@hhelmut

I have the Cinema 12SF/LS110.

Maybe I should ask the manufacturer if they recommend places where I can take it to get it cleaned.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Joel,

Be careful with those canned sprays. Someone reported that he started a fire in his pj when he sprayed out some of the liquid from a can of that stuff. Art

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.