AVS Forum banner

19601 - 19605 of 19605 Posts

·
Registered
13,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #19,602
Optoma ZH406 3D

quick 3D update on the Optoma ZH406, previously I wasn't able to get the Xpand RF emitter + Xpand glasses to sync with the Optoma. I dug out my 10 year Monster Vision 3D Glasses from Bit Cauldron, one of the first non-IR glasses released many moons ago. I thought for certain the batteries were shot but I put it on charge and the batteries are holding no problem, impressive! I miss these glasses, they are very comfortable with huge lenses and work well over prescription glasses.

It was instant plug and play for the RF transmitter and glasses sync. 1 min later watching Pacific Rim in all it's 3D glory! Amazing 3D in this movie and love the bass fest battle at 1:10. :D

This laser projector has ~1700 lumens in 3D mode which is very nice for it's price point. And best of all, no forced DLP link as is the case with most of the other DLP manufacturers. +1 to Optoma for keeping the 3 PIN VESA port in a 2020 model projector.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
am super impressed with even Phantom Menace :D has some great scenes ...

can't wait to work up to new hope :)
You should post those in my eye candy thread! :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yesterday night I was "playing" trying various things with my N7 and tested that SDR "cinema" mode, I found the images very nice, probably the nicest I've ever seen with my N7, so I took out my Nikon D7100 + Nikkor 16-85, put it on its tripod just behind our viewing sofa and shot a few pictures from some 4K demos (mp4), hint : the screen is a white woven accoustic one :

EDIT: I did some housekeeping in my pictures and found out that the pics I first uploaded were in AdobeRGB instead of sRGB ..... !
So I reloaded the good ones, don't know if it changes something but at least they now display correctly.

Attachments

19601 - 19605 of 19605 Posts