AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a general question on table mounting a projector. All documentation I have read speaks to insuring a horizontally level mount. As a method to create sort of a hybrid between a ceiling mount and a table mount I have built a shelving system that places the pj about at the center of the screen. This means that with table mount settings I needed to build the shelf with a down grade (see roughexample.gif).

To explain my actions... My HT room has 18' ceilings so ceiling mount is out of the question. Suspended mount on chains was a thought, but was going to be way too much work, for an apartment install. I had it table mounted (level with bottom of screen) for awhile but I got tired of people walking in front of it and general issues of that sort. I wanted to be able to place a number of chairs/couches in front of the projector as well so I needed to raise it up.

So the 8 cent question is: Is there a huge reason that I should not have my pj mounted this way? The only thing I can think of is strained skew settings, but in truth they are not affected very much (no more than 20 ticks off 50).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.