AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if when mounting a projector from the ceiling are you allowed to angle the projector down to throw an image lower on the wall. I have a 12" soffit running around the room and want to mount the projector as high as possible for head room clearance. I know that most projectors have a lense shift option but what if I mount the projector up high and cannot shift the image low enough. Is it possible to angle, about 5 degrees down, to eliminate from projecting on to the soffit? How does this effect the keystone correction? Sorry for all the questions, but I am new to the game. Most likely the projector I am going with is the Sanyo PLV60HT. Any information you can help me with will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. John

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Yes, of course you can do it. But it will results in some keystoning (which you may or may not be bothered with).

You can either: (1) Simply zoom up the image a bit and get the non-rectangular edges of the image out into the masked border of the screen; or (2) Use the digital keystone correction on the projector, which works but may results in a slight softening of the image.

Also, have you considered table/stand-mounting the projector upside-up instead?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.