Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am using HTPC with Radeon 9000Pro and the NEC HT-1000 DLP projector connecting through a DVI-D cable. I was told that running the HTPC at the projector's native resolution (i.e. 1024 x 768 for my case) get the best Picture Quality. However, I also keep on hearing people say how amazing it is for the 720P or even 1080P PQ from this projector.

The question is,

1. should I just use 1024 x 768 or 720P or even 1080P?

2. When viewing ANamorphic DVD, if my desktop is 4:3 (1024 x 768), which component of the video chain is responsible for the 'stretching' of the squeeze anamorphic image? And if my desktop resolution is 16:9 (like 1280 x 720 using powerstrip) the anamorphic video can pass through it directly without further processing?

Thank in advance for any info

OTS

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I don't know about your projector, but in general it is a good rule of thumb to use the native resolution of your projector. One factor that might affect that is the ability of the DVD software to scale to that resolution verses the ability of your projector to do the scaling.

I would suggest trying both and see what you think.

Regarding your anamorphic question, unless your projector has an anamorphic lens on it, you need to use letterboxing (non-anamorphic) to Display the DVD's using a non-16x9 resolution.

Hope this helps.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.