AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

Im just about to purchase a projector. Im tossing up between Mitsubishi HC3800 and Epson 8100. So difficult to choose! My boyfriend prefers the Mitsubishi due to the picture we viewed at the store the other day over the Epson. Im leaning toward Epson. I am however concered neither projector will be compatible with the Nvidia 3d Vision I intend to get. Ive heard that it should still look ok with 85hz but Im also reading that it needs 120hz so the info I heard is conflicting.

Im a little confused. Has anybody got a projector with the gfx card/3d glasses.

Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydek /forum/post/18275380

Hi there

Im just about to purchase a projector. Im tossing up between Mitsubishi HC3800 and Epson 8100. So difficult to choose! My boyfriend prefers the Mitsubishi due to the picture we viewed at the store the other day over the Epson. Im leaning toward Epson. I am however concered neither projector will be compatible with the Nvidia 3d Vision I intend to get. Ive heard that it should still look ok with 85hz but Im also reading that it needs 120hz so the info I heard is conflicting.

Im a little confused. Has anybody got a projector with the gfx card/3d glasses.

Thanks

From what i have read, the 3D Vision will work with 60 or 85hz PJs, but you will have a LOT of flicker in fast action scenes when using 3D.

The 120hz/3D Ready DLP is really the only good solution. I havent seen any 1080p 3D Units under $6,000.. but, oddly enough, there are a TON of $700 720p ones out there like the Optomia HD66, Acer H5360 or Viewsonic JD6531w.

Remember, the 3D Vision also requires a PC with an nVidia 8800 GTS/GTX or better GPU too.. (The GTX 2xx Series is your best bet right now, i have a GTX 275 and love it) BUT, as a bonus, you can get a PC based SATA Blu-ray Player (LG) for it from some place like newegg for under $70! When Stereoscopic Blu Rays come out in the next few months, you will be set to watch them.

If you must have 1080p for your movies.. buy one PJ for movies and get one of the 720p jobs for 3D and mount it next to it or under it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I just put the HTPC together. I bought a LG Bluray Player (and it looks great via my LCD). At the moment the motherboard has integrated HD gfx and I was intending on getting a Nvidia 3d gfx soon. Unfortunately my tv is 37in and only 60hz. Instead of upgrading the tv, I would really like to invest in buying 1080p Projector. You are right, it would probably be quite good to get a 3d 720p projector as a 2nd at those prices!

P.S Is there anything out there to help reduce 85hz projector flicker whilst waiting to purchase 720p 3d projector? Also how does hz work? Is it firmware or hardware? thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts